Sunday, December 9, 2007

Oh, sweet.

Today I went to my parents sacrament and a new family in the ward gave talks and musical numbers. The dad played the guitar, which I loved! I have never seen someone play the guitar in sacrament before. Which I always thought was weird. You just get the piano/organ, flute or violin with an occasional harp. Why not the guitar? I don't think it's too crazy for sacrament. In fact, it was really beautiful today. I liked it.

Half way through the meeting I heard the little boy behind me "whisper" to his mom, "I have gum in my hair." Mom and I looked at one another and stiffled our laughter. So cute.

Later, I had to poke my head into mom's 11-year old primary class and give her the keys to my car. Mom said at the end of class one of the girls said, "Who was that pretty girl with the curly hair that came in here?" Oh, that totally made my day! I think back to when I was a kid and how beautiful the older girls were. It's weird to think i'm on the opposite side of that now, but I truly loved it! So sweet.

1 comment:

Anna said...

you are a big kid now! congratulations. oh and by the way I find it hysterical that you and my husband are both hating on Oprah for taking a strong political stance. My opinion, "If people are stupid enough to base their political decisions on what Oprah tells them to do they would have just as stupidly based their political opinions on Fox News, on national debate they saw, or GASP one of those horrible campaign attack ads" Don't worry, we live in America and its a free country where only 50% of the people vote. And maybe, just maybe, those people who sit on their couch and watch Oprah daily are too lazy to get up and walk to the polls. But good luck Chelsea, if you can bring down Oprah you'll be my hero (not cuz I hate Oprah but because, wow, that would be quite a feat)