Thursday, December 13, 2007

Where to begin?

There is just not enough time for me to write all the things that are racing through my head, especially this late at night. We'll give it our best shot anyway.

Today was a very bitter-sweet day. I took my last final for the semester. Of course, it's great to have finals done and over with, but I am going to miss this semester so much. I can't begin to express the blessing it has been in my life and the effects it will play down life's path. One truly wonderful thing is feeling this great sense of accomplishment! My college career has been less than desirable before this year. I took a year off last year to try and get things in order. This semester, my attendance was really high, I followed the pace of school, and passed both classes with flying colors! This is something that hasn't happened in a long time! I'm so proud of me!

On my way into class tonight, I ran into my teacher Rachel. I haven't written about her yet simply because... I just don't even know where to start. I am just absolutely in love with her and... see... I can't seem to get it all out. She's just the neatest person. I will not get into the details of what was discussed, simply because I'm supersticous, but I was pleased with the topic.
After class I talked to her a little bit more, and she just knows how to kindle that fire of mine. Ha ha... how lesbian does that sound? She's just very passionate and so brilliant and is a great motivater to me. She has just been so supportive and has given me different ideas and suggestions to go off of. I am so grateful to her! She gave many great words of advice, and one of them is that 'clarity is power". If I am clear on what I want out of life and my education, I will get it. Hands down, I can accomplish anything I want. What an empowering feeling to hear these words coming from my role model! I left class just, so excited as I do every Thursday. I was just beaming and smiling on the way home. I wish I could translate my excitement for finally feeling like I found my place with school, and feeling very fortuante to have an amazing person to help me out along the way. And as if all of that wasn't cool enough, I am surrounded by so many magnificent family and friends that will do all they can to help me and make my goals a reality. It's truly an astonishing thing.

It might seem a little silly to switch the discussion from what has felt like a life changing semester to something as "shallow" as the Golden Globes... but never the less, here we are! (And the Golden Globes aren't shallow. They're sweet!)

The Golden Globe nominations were announced today and I was pretty excited! Both American Gangster and Eastern Promises have been nominated for Best Picture! (Which I have been wanting to write movie reviews on, but haven't had the chance yet. I gotta get on the ball!) Best musical or comedy nods include: Across the Universe, Hairspray, Sweeney Todd, and Juno. All movies I have either loved or have looked forward to seeing! My Viggo was nominated for Best Actor in a Drama. (He so earns it! He's freakin' amazing in Eastern Promises! Which you would know my feelings about if I ever got around to writing that review of mine.) Johnny Depp is nominated for Best Actor in Musical/Comedy. As is John C. Reilly for Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (which, by the way, this movie looks so pimp!). The best actress for a musical/comedy looks like some steep competition! Amy Adams, Nikki Blossom, Helena Bonham Carter, Marion Cotillard, and Ellen Page (Juno). My John Travolta is nominated for best supporting actor for his portrayal of Edna Turnblad. (Awesome!!!) Mann, I'm just stoked! Should be a good one! I'm excited to see Sweeney Todd (Comes out in 8 days as of this moment), Walk Hard, and Juno.

I love movies! This is just so freakin' awesome!

Mann, so there were a lot of ecstatic emotions that I was trying to express with the two topics above. I wish I could have noted them more eloquently, but that's how it goes. To sum it all up... Great semester to start off my new chapter of College Education, and a great movie and award season to look forward to!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I am so grateful that you had such an amazing semester! I know it's been rough in the past, but I knew you could do it! I'm so proud. These past few months have definitely been a pivitol time in your life and now that you know where you're headed, things will start falling into place.

Congratulations on this huge accomplishment!