Saturday, December 15, 2007

Liver & Lions

Last night I went to the Little America Cafe in celebration of finals being over with. (Woo-hoo! I passed my first semester at the U with flying colors! I'm so impressed with me!) Looking at the menu I was debating what to get. When the obvious choice was seen front and center. Liver and Onions. Ahh yeah! With my nutrition class this semester, it has become very apparent that liver is packed full of vitamins and nutrients. This fun fact has peaked my interest over the past several weeks. But who the heck offers this on their menu? I sure am not going to cook it myself. The opporutnity presented itself, and I accepted. (Did I mention this was also on a first date and he looked at me like I was crazy? He did take a piece to try, but I think he was dry heaving a little when the server dropped it off.)

It was actually really good! It tastes just like regular meat, but the texture is different and takes some getting use to. It was pretty decent on its own. But the added onions and bacon ontop made it delightful! Mmmm, very delicious! I couldn't eat it all (Like usual. What is up with restaurants and their gargantuan servings?), and this bummed me out because we took tracks into the city and were going *ice skating afterwards. There was no where to store the rest of my liver and onions for safe keeping. So we gave my leftovers to a homeless man along with the remainder of our celebratory chocolate cake.

My date dropped me off and I proceeding to drive over to Tim and Leesa's house where I arrived at 12:30 and crashed on their couch. Before I knew it, it was 4:17 am, and Tim was saying we had to leave soon. We were meeting up with Mason and CW in Lehi to go Mountain Lion hunting. CW loves to hunt and has a team of... I think 7 or 8 dogs. He basically drives around in his pimp Dodge Truck and 4-wheelers looking for fresh prints in the snow. Once found, he releases a dog to pick up the scent. It's the dogs job to follow the trail to the Cougar, (raccoon, bear, what have you) and get it up in a tree. At that point, CW releases the rest of the dog pack to keep the Lion in the tree so he can take pictures of it. This intrigued me! I had already decided I would have to tag along on one of his hunting adventures one day. Imagine my surprise when I was invited to go later that night. Stoked! Anway, driving out to Faust this morning (I can't even tell you where that is in relation to anything) the temperature was -2 degrees! Brrr! We have had our share of cold and snow this year.

Tim was driving one 4-wheeler with Mason on the back holding Tabby (my favorite of the dogs. So cute!) I was on the back of CW's 4-wheeler while there was a box containing 1-3 dogs at any given point. It was pretty scrunchy, but was cracking me up! I can't imagine how CW had any room. He's a big guy, along the lines of 6'5 I think. So, my back was pressed up against a metal box, while CW was pushed up against me. My legs were straddling CW and, considering the tight circumstances, he was pressed in tight against me applying a lot of pressure to my pelivs. I am not going to lie... it was pretty damn hot. My thoughts would start to wander a bit, when suddenly WHACK! WOOSH! I would get a face full of snow from a tree branch we went racing past. Let me tell ya, there is nothing like a brisk pine tree full of snow right to the kisser to keep the thoughts nice and clean! Since CW is gigantor-man, I couldn't see infront of him to see if a tree was coming. After about 4 white washes later, I had got the system down pretty well to lean the same direction as the hoodie (aka, CW) did.

We found 2 tracks of Lion prints and 1 set of bobcat prints, with many a Rabbit and deer tracks also. It took me a bit to distinguish them, but I was a lot more experienced by the end of the day decifering wild life tracks. We did see a handful of bunnies, some deer, and horses. I hear-tell there was a coyote around, but I never saw the fuzzball.

What's better than a weekend full of Liver & Onions (with a healthy helping of bacon), and 4-wheeling in the prowl for a beautiful creature in his natural habitat with those you adore? Really, football and a movie is the only thing that would make it better. Hmmm, the Colts play the Raiders tomorrow on CBS and I'm planning on watching a little pirated Stardust. Things are looking good!


*I have only been ice skating twice before last night. Once when I was 12. I think it took me about an hour to pull myself along the side rails one whole lap. The 2nd was about 9 months ago with my dear friend Tia. Where I clutched onto her like a woman in labor clutches to her husband. I was actually pretty impressed how far I had improved because while I did fall like... 3 times last night, I was able to stay up and make considerable strides in my skating abilites. Oh, the Canadian relatives might not have to be ashamed of me in a short time.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Ba ha ha ha!!! OMG no you did not go there in this post. I think I love you even more now that you full-out put a whole "pressing", "straddling", "pelivs" blurb for the world to see. Lol. But seriously, glad you had fun in this so-called land of "Faust". Can't wait to hear more!

P.S. I love how you side-note the bacon in the first part of your story. I was like, She just yadda yaddad the best part! But you threw it in again at the end, that's ma girl.