Monday, December 10, 2007

...and she's one step closer to world domination...

I by no means am what you would call "political". I don't follow politics. I don't understand politics. I can't tell you the ins and outs of congress and the legislature.
Back in the summer of 2004 was when I was first introduced to Barack Obama, I thought he was way cool. From the couple of speeches I saw, I was really impressed and had a good feeling about him. I like the cut of his jib! I haven't followed much of the presidential campaigns for anyone yet, because it's just too soon for me to invest time. As the time does get closer I am of course planning on going the rounds to find out the views of the different candidates. As of current, Obama is highest on my list.
This morning, as I was walking out the door, mom had the news on and they showed how Oprah LOVES Obama and is ready to practically lay down her life in order for him to be President. Dammit Oprah! Can't you just leave it alone? Can't you just stick to your talk show and helping underpriviledged children and put the world domination on the back burner? I would be more than happy to only have you in my life between 4:00-5:00 MST (or whatever time it is). Which is actually perfect for me because I am never home at that time, meaning you would not be a part of my life.

Watch out Obama...You don't want to get overthrown before the voting even begins. I got my eye on you Oprah!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You know how I feel about that woman.

Kristen said...

Chels! I absolutely adore you. And you are absolutely correct. The other day I was at Barnes and Noble and I saw a book that I'd heard good things about. I made my way over to it, and suddenly it caught my eye - the "Oprah Approves This Book" sticker on the cover. I believe my exact words were likewise, "Damnit Oprah!" She has ruined everything that is good in the world.