Monday, December 17, 2007

Beaver Please!

So, when I was down in California last August I did some shopping. I got a really cute/cheap/fake pearl necklace. It had 3 layered strands and the bottom strand had pearls that got bigger as they made it to the center. I loved this necklace. My sister, Lindsey, called it my June Cleaver necklace.
Well one day in Late September, early October, I was at work, just minding my own, typing away when I feel this little... give around my neck. Then I feel some weight on my chest. I look down and my necklace just gave way! GAVE WAY! The line that connected to the... well the "connector" (i'm very technical) broke and before I knew it beads were going everywhere! Luckily my undershirt and bra caught most of them. I was excited that my "lovely lady lumps" have you, were able to keep many from falling to the floor. You should have seen me try and get them all out! Ha ha! I thought I had got them all. But, for the next oh... I don't know... 20 minutes or so, I would get up to go to the printer or something and :: plop :: another pearl would fall out of my shirt. It was cracking me up! They were everywhere!
So here we are, a good month and a half later, and what did I just happen to find on the floor just now? A pearl! This makes me smile.
Let it be known that my coworkers also decorated my cubible with Red balloons and confetti for the BYU-Utah game in late November. It took me FOREVER to clean up the confetti. Same thing though, I have been finding those every now and again. They, like the pearls, have just come out of the wood work! At first, I thought it would get annoying, but it's actually been fun, because whenever I see a little Red Confetti I smile and think to myself, "17-10 BYU. Undefeated in the MWC and MWC Champions!" Ha ha!

Now Wally, I want you to go in the living room and pick up those orange peels on the coffee table. If your father comes home and sees them he'll be in a terrible mood all through dinner.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I was so inspired by your post I went and found the following quote from Leave it to Beaver, it makes me laugh (It was hard to choose between this one and the one where June says "Ward, I'm very worried about the Beaver" ha)

June Cleaver: Wally, where are you going?
Wally Cleaver: I'm going over to slug Eddie.
June Cleaver: That's no way to talk, this is Sunday.
Wally Cleaver: You're right, I'll wait 'til tomorrow and slug him in the cafeteria.

Kristen said...

Chelsey! There just aren't words to describe how much I love you.

Ward Cleaver: Well, you boys are very quiet tonight. What are you thinking about?
Beaver: I was just thinkin' what I'd do if I was a pig eatin' peoples ribs.
June Cleaver: Beaver, please.