Sunday, June 29, 2008

Chelsey the European (Part II)

Well, I'm back in the good US of A where freedom rings, Deoderant is applied, and Peanut Butter is accessible. :: Sigh :: It's good to be home.

I'll admit, it is hard to say goodbye to the traveling life. No matter how tiring and unaccomidating it could be at times, it still is hard to leave behind. I know it sounds a little silly, but while in Europe life in America seemed like a distant memory. 40 hour work weeks? Final Exams? Running Errands? Bill payments? Responsibilities? What are these distant memories?

Now it is back to real life. Job hunting. Whoopie. (If anyone happens to have a hook up, I would be much obliged.)

As I walked out to my car yesterday to run some much needed errands, my malamute, Sitka (seen below in the only picture I can get to on this computer at the moment) followed me out of the house and went to the door eager for a car ride. Oh, how I love my Sitka! If only I could take her with me to run my errands, but alas, it just is not possible... or is it?

One of the things I loved about Europe is how dogs went everywhere with their owners. Metros, trams, places of business, even restaurants. I couldn't help but entertain the idea... so I did just that! Embracing the European laid back life style, I grabbed Sitka's leash and we were off for some quality time.

The first two stops were not a big deal as we went through the drive thus at the post office and bank. The bank teller sent Sitka a tasty little treat in the tube. (I think I was more excited than Sitka!) The big test was the Jamba Juice at Jordan Landing. I figured it would be okay as teenagers run the place and wouldn't care-or at least say anything- if she popped inside for a minute. The true test would be customers complaining about a dog being in a food joint. I took my chances. All in the name of prolonging a European lifestyle!

Cute little Sitka was so excited as we walked around Jordan Landing and she sniffed all the new trees, benches, cement, and everything in sight. She gave me a weird look when I beckoned her inside a store. She could tell it wasn't the vet, but just didn't know what to think of it. Once inside, Sitka was fine, and just sat next to me. There were some looks and you could tell the Alaskan Malamute chillin' in line with me was throwing people off. She got a few scratches on the head, and compliments on her beauty. We got Lindsey's Mango-a-go-go without any problems from consumers and I was so happy! Chelsey- 1, Lame people that have nothing better to do than complain (Allergic population are void of this comment)- 0. Sweet!


In the next few weeks the plan is to add some pictures on here, and tell some stories that I was not able to get to while I was on my trip. Hopefully I will be able to do so while I find a 'perfect' job. :)

4 comments:

Carrie said...

That is such a cute picture of Sitka! I miss her sweet little face. If I had a dog I'd bring it everywhere with me, sounds like a good idea, and why not? Why is america weird about pets being indoors?

Mrs. Mysti Hedquist said...

Chels, he is such a cute dog! I'm glad that you were able to take him into the store with you with out having anyone complain!

Anna said...

I wish you luck in the job hunt, as i recently left it. Dumb job hunting. Though it ended well for me. What kind of work are you looking for?

liljackmonkey said...

You know Miss...there happens to be an opening on Julie's team....just sayin ;) Hope you are acclimating to the US of our A life. Loves! -j