Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Florence!

Today we arrived in Florence and it was most exciting as my dear sister Kierstin, and her husband Ken are spending part of their honeymoon here. I saw Ken in all his tallness as I walked up the platform and was sooooo excited! We walked up the market and saw so many leather clothes along with many ties and scarves. We made our way to the Duomo and and climbed 400 and some odd steps to the top of the dome to overlook the city. YOWZA! It was quite amazing! What an experience to see such an ariel view of the city, especially with those you love most! After that we saw the replica of the Michelangelo's David then made a quick jont over to... some bridge that was beautiful. Before we all left we made our way to the pig statue to rub it's nose which grants us the wish to come back to Florence. I rubbed that snout extra hard!
It was so great to spend time with Kierst and Ken. While I have been loving my time with my friends, it's just a little something extra when you have your family with you. I love them!
I will be home in one week, and am not quite ready to say goodbye to Europe yet. However, after seeing the fam, it reminds me of the things I love most at home, and I start to get the little itch to come home.
See you all soon!!!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

ITALIA!

I'm glad you went to the Duomo, that place looked awesome! Oh i'm so glad I can live vicariously through you.

Hopefully rubbing the pig's nose hard enough guarantees that you can take a friend with you on your next trip over!

Miss you!

Carlee Ann said...

Italy is incredible isn't it! I'm glad you are loving it! Don't get to eager to come back to the states. They are fun... but not that fun! Say hi to the girls for me! Enjoy yuor last few days!