Monday, June 9, 2008

Budapest

Ah, nothing like being at a McDonalds in Budapest to use 20 minute intervals on the internet... ooh.... sweet artery clogging aroma filling the air. It's a nice change from the urine soaked/B.O. filled metro. Mmmmm, nice! Just to clarify, the Z and Y buttons are backwards on this keyboard, so... i won't waste my time fixing them. Zou just might need to fill dislexic for a bit.... and.... i also cant figure out how to make a new paragraph so enjoz the confusion! Budapest has been verz interesting. The economz is not exactlz stable and we are stazing in Pest, which is the poorer part of the citz. Everzwhere we walk, we see homeless people which is verz disheartening to see. I have never felt like such a greedz brattz American. It is a verz humbling experience to understand more fullz the blessings we have in our countrz. The men here are... bad news. Thez are verz much stuck in their Communist wazs and do not tolerate women looking into their ezes. It is different as American girls because -from what I can tell- we are meerlz sex objects that thez treat with little or no respect. Cat calling (far worse than anz new zorker construction worker) is normal here, followed with eerie stairs and distrubing remarks. A couple of mz friends were walking down the street when a guz grabbed her butt, and then a few minutes later a different guz spit on them. Zeah.... never have American jerks looked so good! As with anzthing, there is a lot of good with the bad. I have been fortunate enough to see manz beautiful things! One of which was a Russian Opera which I bought an evening gown for since i could not be allowed in seen in mz tourist blah clothes. The Opera was trulz amaying, and once again, it has been great to experience the breath taking talents of so manz people word wide! Budapest loves two things... meat, and Turkish baths. I have had as much meat as i can afford and tolerate without feeling lathargic. Manz hae gone to the baths and have loved them! I am planning on going later todaz and am plannig on going European, as I am in Europe afterall. I will let zou now how it goes. We are planning on going to a Palace on top of a hill which has a Labrznth underneath. We hear it is wonderful and worth the monez. I know, this might seem lame, being in Europe and all, but I made it a point to see the Sex and the Citz movie as earlz as I could on the trip. That meant seeing here in Budapest as it opened June 5th here. I won't see much about it as to not spoil it, but it was wonderful to see as it made me appreciate and miss home. It was nice to watch the movie ad drift back to the states and think of comforts onlz friends and familz can provide. Specificallz mz dear Carrie as she is mz other half and we both relate everzthing to sex and the citz. (hez, it's what we do) manz others were thought of as well, and it was reallz nice to get a piece of home even if I stole it for a mere hour or two. I two dazs mz class will end, but I start an extra 2 weeks of travel with 3 of the sweetest and coolest girls on the trip. I am sad for mz class to be over but am verz hopeful for the future and diferent sites I will see. I feel fortunate as I suspect the next 2 weeks will flz bz quicklz as i see so much beautz, to onlz return home to the true beautz in mz life which is all of mz loved ones. I will trz to write again in mz travels, but am not sure how the internet cafes will be as I will onlz be in a citz for a daz or two. Just know, I am being smart, safe and have 3 great girls with strong heads on the shoulders and we will all look out for one another. Mz love to zou all for zour support! See zou soon!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

The z and y thing cracks me up! Just hearing about the dirty guys there makes my skin crawl... thank goodness for american men? Lol, I guess.

I have yet to see the movie but will have to make a point of going soon... by myself, since you're my only SATC friend! Can you believe it?! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

I had to read this more than once because the z and y thing totally messed me up! How did the sespool of disease water go in the bathhouse....I heard one girl conceived in there and she didn't even have sex....think about it!
If you're good...YOu'll know who said this....

liljackmonkey said...

Sex and the Citz. ha ha That killed me...

Anonymous said...

Chelsey I love you and am enjoying reading about your adventures! I am looking forward to your return. Carrie and Big forever! XOXO

Jennifer

April said...

Oh I am laughing at the keyboard mix up! It reminded me so much of when I was in Costa Rica and in Amsterdam!!! hahahahahahha I can't remember what was messed up about the keyboards there..but I remember them being messed up! hehehe ahhh memories!!