Saturday, June 21, 2008

When in Rome...

I have been in Rome for 2 days and am LOVING life!!! Today has totally felt like a Roman Holiday and my Audrey Hepburn haircut makes it all the more realistic. Although she had 2 cute guys at her side and she didn't deal with all the crowds... you get the idea though.

While here we have:

  • Seen the Vatican
  • Seen the Sisteen Chapel (Got a couple of blurry pictures in when the guards weren't looking)
  • Experienced the Colosseum (Sooooo cool! I LOVED IT!)
  • Saw Raphael's tomb inside the Pantheon
  • Tested the hand of Truth (I still have mine!)
  • Went to the Spanish steps and listened to a band for the Music Festival
  • Made a wish at the Trevi Fountain
  • Went to the Boghese Museum and saw COOL statues!!!!
  • Ate many... MANY a delicious gelatos!
  • Avoided being pick-pocketed (so far)

I can't even believe that I am here! It is sheer bliss coupled with heat and exhaustion, but worth every single step! We are planning on going out tonight to celebrate our last night in Rome, and then wake up really early to get some great pictures of the Colosseum before the crowds. Hopefully we can wake up in time! :) Then we are off to Milano tomorrow and end our trip in Barcelona!!! Hurray! I am soooo excited!

My love to you all! I can't wait to see everyone and hear what has happened while I've been gone! Ciao!

2 comments:

Dibble's said...

Oh Rome! I want to go to Rome SO BAD! I got your postcard, you're way too cute and I miss you mucho gusto!

Unknown said...

If you really do want to follow Chill to Rome please check out vacation rentals in rome to plan your trip. In this site you will find accommodations for every budget...
ciao