Monday, June 16, 2008

Lots of happenings

Wow.... I am loving life! We spent less than 24 hours in Zurich, Switzerland and had a BLAST! Zurich, like Vienna, is a host city for Euro 2008. We ended up going to a street celebration where big screen tv's were set up and people watched all the games. I ate LOTS of delicious food! DE-LIC-IOUS! There was lots of food, fun, music, dancing, cheering.... oh, it was so much fun! It reminds me of when the Olympics were in SLC, the excitement in the air just buzzes in the air! We met a group of guys and one of my dear friends hit it off with one, so we went to an English pub to go dancing. I had soooo much fun! They played a mixture of different music and I could not hold my dancing side back! I was a little leary how the guys would be here, but it turned out to be nice. They will kinda dance next to you, but wait for you to give the go ahead before they put the moves on you. It was really nice to not deal with any nasty guys!
We have been in Italy for 2 days! Yesterday we were in Milano and we stayed at a great little hostel. They have a dog! His name is Jet and I had so much fun playing with him! I fell in love with him! We actually have to go back to Milano in a few days as it's a connective city for us to travel. I am so stoked to see Jet again!!!! While in Milano I had some of the BEST Penne I have ever ate! It was in a delicious.... lemon/bacon cream sauce.... SO GOOD!
We are now here in Venice!!!!! It is soooo weonderful here! We are getting ready to go out and explore!!! It is TRULY MAGICAL! We all love it to so much! I will write stories when I can about it! Gotta run! My love to you all!!!!!
I LOVE ITALY!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

How much fun is that! I am so excited to talk to you and hear all about your adventures. I'm suprized how fast the mail has traveled... I got your Vienna postcard and letter yesterday! Not bad eh?

Enjoy Italy! Sip a little wine... lay in the sun... Say hi to Jet for me!

Steve Weller said...

Wow! It looks like you had a lot of fun in Europe! I always wanted to do a study abroad, but I guess the mission will have to suffice. What are you studying anyway? I went into education, and I'll do my student teaching in English here at Manti High in the fall.