Sunday, November 4, 2007

Flicks, Football, Friends and Family

We had quite the weekend. It all started out Friday night on a double date with my sister. My date was.... pretty damn hot. I'm not gonna lie. There were also many a times I had naughty thoughts. His name is Russell Crowe and we met up with him and his buddy Denzel Washington at our local theatre. Mmmmm, Russell! My movie review of American Gangster will come soon. But not tonight.

Saturday was the BYU-CSU game. It was the perfect weather for a football game. I drove up with Keri and dropped her off at the stadium before I parked the car. Walking into LaVell Edwards Stadium I enjoyed watching the fans funnell inside sporting their BYU gear. The air was crisp and red and brown leaves glided down to the ground ever so whimsicly. ( I don't think that's a real word...) My thoughts were turned to all the years I've been to Cougar Stadium. I wondered how many times I've walked up the South East corner ramp. How many times I've cheered the BYU fight song. How many times I sat and watched big games unfold before me. How many times I booed the refs and their BS calls. :: Sigh :: Oh, lots of great memories there! A handful of additional great experiences were added to the bank this Saturday. We had a good solid win over CSU, beating them 35-16. The entire team showed up and we had some great moments! We are still the only undefeated team in conference play and are making our way closer to becoming the MWC Champions with each passing week. GO COUGARS!

Later that night I met up with a couple of friends. First I saw my dear Jessica and her cute husband. I was able to see their new place they moved into after they married in late August. We looked at some wedding pictures which was an absolute blast. I love Jessica's little remarks and all the funniness she points out in the pictures. Afterward, I met my friend Janet where we went to a Lehi Middle School production of "The Princess and the Pea." It was pretty stinkin' adorable. I was impressed by the acting of the kids and thought they pulled it off rather well. Great job Lehi Middle School!

This morning my brother came over with his kids. Porter woke up shortly after they arrived and was hungry. I was able to hang out with Porter and hold him nice and close while he ate. I was able to capitalize on my mom being out of town because Parker who is normally very independant and will give the little extra attention he has to only my mom; turned his sights to me today. He came running up to me, grabbed my hand and told me I needed to give baby Porter to his dad so I could help him build his train tracks. This is also incredible because Parker rarely shares his tracks, even with Grandma! We were playing in the backroom and Savannah found a dinosaur book to read. All 3 of us sat on the floor and read the book together. They soon after shuffled me downstairs to watch the dinosaur episode on Ducktales. Parker laid down on the couch and told me to lay down to. Seriously you guys... Parker never does this! I took advantage of the snuggling opportunity and nestled my way into the couch with him. Savannah who is always an affectionate sweetheart, climbed aboard too where we all sat and watched the Scary T-Rex!

Matt took the kids and left right before the highly anticipated Colts-Pats matchup. I got on my Manning Jersey, changed into my lucky football underwear (they're cute), and wrapped myself in my Colts blanket. It was a great game. Indy was ontop of things. Our defense was shutting Tom Brady and the gang down. Things were just looking good! Especially in the 4th quarter with 9 minutes to go, leading the Pats 20-10. Well before you could say 8-0, the Pats very quickly scored 2 touchdowns and denied the Colts the chance to answer. Making 24-20 your final score. It's all good though. The Patriots did not beat the Colts. They just happened to end up on top by the time the clock ran out. The guys have nothing to hang their heads about! We'll meet New England again, and i'm sure it will be a down to the wire game like they always are. In fact, that's what makes playing the Pats so much fun. They are very talented and you love to hate them during a game cuz they are that good. Always fun to have a great competition alive.

Waiting for the Colts game has been pretty bitter sweet for me. Earlier this year Carrie and I had discussed going to that game. Due to work/school schedules and financing, we decided we couldn't go this year. As Nov 4th approached I kept thinking how close we were to being at that game, in the RCA dome. I was pretty bummed out about it, but remembered that it really wasn't a realisitc thing for us to go this year. This morning I was thinking those same thoughts when I saw the bigger picture. This whole time I had been mourning not being in Indy for the big game, when I realized the even cooler thing would be being with my best friend Carrie. Then it REALLY sucked. After the game when it was official the Colts couldn't come away with a W this season against the Patriots I thought to myself, "The only thing that sucks more than the loss is not having Carrie here."

So this is where Carrie and I plan our vacation together for next year. We need to plan very soon so I have something to look forward to and hold on to before I make the move out there. Love you Care! Can't wait to see you again! The more I think about it, I think I should come out to PA when Hairspray is showing! :) Good Morning Baltimore!

No comments: