Sunday, November 11, 2007

Damn Werewolf Shadow!

So... where to begin? I am not exactly... thrilled right now. Yeah, we'll go with that.

The Colts played the Chargers tonight and I was very eager to watch the game. After last week's loss to the Patriots, we really needed a good strong follow up win. The Chargers have struggled so far this season. They definitely aren't a bad team, but their 4-4 record leading to tonight's game would reflect otherwise. Anyway, point being I knew this wouldn't be an easy game, but I also knew we could win it.

Fastforward to 6:15 MST. My dad was watching TV downstairs, so I thought I would watch the game upstairs. My mom was talking to my grandma on the phone, and I thought, "No big deal. I'll just record it and start watching when Mom's off the phone. I can catch up." Well, this is a big no no for me! I, being pretty supersticious, try to watch games live as much as possible. I hate watching a delayed game because... well it's just not the same. Knowing that a team's fate has already been decided... well, it's just not the same.

I started watching the game... and whew! It was rough! By game's end Peyton had 6 INT. I'm sure our Defense was just exhausted, and let's not forget how we are missing a plethera of starting key players due to injuries. Due to a TD runback on the opening kickoff and a couple of INTs, the Colts found themselves trailing 7-23 at the half. Ugh. You know what's so freakin' cool though? They totally came back and were in that game! That's one of the things I love about the Colts. They don't just lay down and die. Not only do they put up a fight to get back in the game, they do it with determination and will power. They don't mutter around blaming the hard times on missing players. No. They just tighten their chin straps and say, "Let's get back to playing some Colt Football." I love that about them! Mann, talk about a group of men that are just an inspiration!

Anyway... I'm watching the game, and really enjoying it. It's 23-21 for the Chargers when the Colts reach the Redzone with under 2 minutes remaining in the game. Addai runs the ball and gets the first down to make it 1st and goal. Oh, wait a minute... maybe he didn't. They review the play and determine the ball was short of the 6 yard line and now it's 4th and inches. What the hell? I'll admit, the reply shows the refs originally gave him a favorable spot, but don't.... don't say we have the 1st down and then take it away. I believe Coach Tongy... HA HA! I just combined Tony Dungy's name to Tongy... that's awesome! Anywho... I believe "Tongy" said it best as I read his lips after they reversed the call, "You've got to be kidding me!" So at this point, it's like... what do you do? Well, you obviously have to go for the 3 and rely on your defense to stop any point response from the Chargers. I'm all geared up... ready for what will happen when...

My recording stopped. STOPPED! Right then at the game winning point. The DVR stopped recording my Colts game so it could start recording Werewolf Shadow. Some POS B-Rated movie that my dad had preset to record who knows when. So, I quickly try to switch to live TV because at this point I'm only 10 minutes or so behind live tv. I'm sure the ending was all over post game shows and ESPN. Instead of seeing what the final outcome was, I get an error saying I can't switch to live tv because Werewolf Shadow will stop recording. Dammit! This is the 2nd time you've stood in my way between the Colts and I! I should have just deleted the stupid show because it totally would have been justified. Instead, I hopped online to see that the FG attempt was far right and we lost 23-21.

You better pray you and I never meet Werewolf Shadow. I will take you down and I'm bringing my line with me!

No comments: