Saturday, August 11, 2007

What Am I, Californian? I TOTALLY cheered in the theatre!

You know those days where you go to your local theatre for a cinematic adventure and it is just magical from the start? Well, that was me today. I went and saw the Bourne Ultimatum.... wait for it! I'll get to it in a second. But first, we have the Previews.

We had trailers for not 1, but 2... count them 2 Russell Crowe movies! We have the ever so sweet Cowboy Take Me Away Western 3:10 To Yuma (Sept. 7), and the the ever so popular mob type movie, American Gangster (Nov. 2). Being the Russell Crowe obsessive Freak that I am (Well, freak is a strong word, because how could anyone be a "freak" for appreciating the GREATNESS that is Russell? Am I not right? Seriously!) I had already scowered the web some time ago for when these trailers would be available, I had already seen them (Many a times!). HOWEVER, this was the first time I saw BOTH on the big screen. Oh, I was happy! I love you Russell!

Another Trailer started up. The screen was black with little bits of blue rays shooting out. I heard a voice. I quickly ran an audio scan to see if it matched with one of my main actors. It didn't. A second voice began to speak. BAM! Right away I knew it was Michael Caine. Michael Caine? BAM! THE NEW BATMAN MOVIE?!?! Sure enough! I could now see the Blue Rays of light were shooting out from behind the Bat signal. HELL YEAH! I was so not expecting this Teaser, but I was all sorts of hot and bothered after watching it! Can't wait for the summer of 2008! It's gonna be sweet! (PS, my apologies that I didn't recognise your voice at first Christian. It was sensory overload.)


Oh sweet mother! I love YouTube! What did I ever do without you? Check out this other Teaser I just stumbled across that actually SHOWS stuff!!!



Holy Crap I'm excited for The Dark Knight!

Now onto the Bourne Ultimatum. Okay, Really liked The Bourne Identity. Super good flick. The Bourne Supremacy. Meh. Honestly, it's a good show but I was (Spoiler right around the corner, oh no, so little warning!) PISSED that they killed off his girlfriend within the first part of the movie. So pissed in fact that I didn't enjoy the rest of it at all. AT ALL! Even with my cute Karl Urban in it, I still couldn't get over the fact that they killed her. Oh... BIG mistake. Who couldn't love our little European Run Lola Run chick Franka Potente? Anyway, I wasn't too excited to see the latest installment and I think it all ties back to the untimely death of Franka. So sitting in the theatre, I was thinking I wouldn't really get into. Yeah, I was so wrong, because this show rocked ass! It was really good. The acting by all (even Julia Stiles who I am not very keen on) was outstanding! There was plenty of action, lots of "oohs & aahs!" and of course some sweet fight and chase scenes. The Bourne Movies know how to do their Car Chase scenes I will give ya that! Great flick. You'll be entertained.

And... one day, but not tonight, I will work out the kinks and post my little Popcorn movie Rating. But not tonight. Not enough time to do what I need to. So until I give Ultimatum a proper popcorn rating, just know it's hella good and you need to watch it soon. DO IT!

2 comments:

tamaraturner said...

Chill - you DO sound Californian. LoL In fact, your Bourne/preview trailers viewing experience sounds exactly like me. I fly that Russell Crowe freak flag proudly. BTW - I didn't see you mention it, but I assume you know that Christian Bale co-stars in 3:10 to Yuma as well. Cool.

Carrie said...

OH how I miss your movie reviews! Can you believe that I've not even seen Batman Begins??? Is that crazy? And I think we own it too, so that's pretty sad.

I haven't seen Ultimatum either, but I have to catch up with the second one first and if they off Franka in it then... you know, I'm NOT about to watch it. So... I guess Ultimatum is OUT!