Saturday, August 25, 2007

Movie Review Guide

Chelsey's Movie Rankings:
1 popcorn- Hate it!
2 popcorn- Meh, it was alright.
3 popcorn- I like it.
4 popcorn- I REALLY like it!
Lord of the Rings Popcorn Tub- FREAKIN' LOVED IT!
Popcorn Kernel- equivalent to half a popcorn.

Spoiler Rankings

There is nothing I hate more than hearing too much about a movie before I see it. (Thinking of you handful of ushers regarding City of Angels!!!) Therefore I will label my reviews with the following spoiler rankings:

Mild- Very basic or generic reference to a scene(s) that doesn't give a lot of information/insight.
Medium- Specific references to the movie that regard specific scenes, characters and/or sequences that are deep in plot.
High- Will give away the ending, surprises, twists or turns. Or at least will go very in depth with the going ons. You know, all the good stuff you DON'T want to hear before you see the flick.

Overviews

These are basically very vague movie reviews (like what you would see in a newspaper) that don't go into any detail. In other words, I'll basically copy and paste from my spoiler reviews the parts that don't say anything major.

A few points that need to be addressed
  • Let it be known that I am not picky with my movies. I am not a "critic" and therefore am not very "critical". I just go off of my own entertainment basis. However, that being said, I don't just HAND OUT Lord of the Rings Popcorn Tub ratings either! These are saved for the LOTRs (obviously) and Gladiators of the cinema world.

  • I have a handful of actors that I LOVE. (Or obsess over, whatever) Because of this, my reviews of their movies might be a little (or a lot) bias, or shall we say... skewed? So, just be aware of this when I review a movie involving John Travolta, Antonio Banderas, Bruce Willis, Russell Crowe, Owen Wilson, and Viggo Mortensen. You have been warned.

  • My first blog I contributed to, was with my best friend Carrie. We basically talked about movies we had seen, and the context was really more for ourselves than anyone else. However, if you want to take a peak, they can be seen at A Swift Flix in the Pants!
Hope you enjoy the movie reviews!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Lol... "not picky with my movies"... I can think of a dozen movies right off the top of my head that would confirm this statement. And that's 24 hours you'll/I'll never get back.

::Sigh:: Why are we so awesome?

Carrie said...

LOVE the popcorn! Very cute idea.