Friday, August 31, 2007

Heaven in Cake Form

My office recently relocated to a brand new building so some coworkers that work on the eastcoast sent us 2 HUGE giant cakes. (I'm not kidding, they were GIANT! I wish I had a picture to post so you could see the chocolately goodness!) It was a sweet, "Welcome to your new home" gesture. I, myself, wasn't going to have any cake since I already ate my Choco Taco from Blimpies.


Side note- I was a Choco Taco Virgin until today. I had never even heard of them until last week when Lindsey saw the Blimpies advertisement and freaked out!!! She told me the story of how her and Erika were poor room mates back in the day. They would scrape together any extra change they could find and put it to their "splurge on a tasty treat" fund. Which basically always went to a Choco Taco from Del Taco. Well, one sad day they were informed the choco tacos were discountinued from the menu. They were horrified and haven't seen them anywhere... until last week. So since Lindsey, Erika, and I all work together now, we restarted the tradition (being able to spend the $1.57 pretty easily) and each ate a wonderful choco taco! MMM! All 3 of us were in the break room relishing every bite when a co-worker, KaeCee, walked in. She asked about the Choco Tacos and Erika described them. "They're like a waffle cone shaped like a taco with vanilla ice cream and fudge inside and then dipped in chocolate." KaeCee made a comment on how good that sounded. We each agreed with a, "mmmmm!" as our mouthes consumed these chocolate treats. None of us spoke for a few seconds since we were all concentrating on the task at hand, when Erika said, "They even taste better than they sound!" Funny, and so-SO true!

Anyway, back to the point. Having had my belly happily enjoy the magic that is the Choco Taco, I wasn't really feeling the Chocolate cake. It looked good, I'll give you that, but I just didn't know if I could eat another large dose of sweets. Lindsey cut me a slice anyway and...Oh wow! It was soooooooooooooo good! I ate the entire generous slice alotted to me. It tasted EXACTLY like a ho ho, or more commonly known as a Little Debbie Swiss Roll. It was seriously like a HUGE slab of Ho Hos put into cake form. Mmmm, fantastic! Thank you Birmingham office!!

No comments: