Sunday, August 26, 2007

Stardust Overview

A philosopher once asked, "Are we human because we gaze at the stars, or do we gaze at them because we are human?" Pointless, really. ”Do the stars gaze back?" Now that's a question.

Stardust- (Rated PG-13, 128 minutes) Synopsis- A young man ventures into an enchanted land to recover a fallen star in order to win the love of a young woman. While there, he runs into witches, pirates and various ghosts and magical creatures.

I had heard a lot of great things about this movie, so don't mind me if I was a little hesitant to watch for fear of a let down. The movie was enjoyable from the second it started with Ian McKellen narrating. Oh, he's fabulous. Right away the movie transforms you into another world that makes it more than easy to escape to. I found the movie to be very cute and sweet, but as the story line developed, I quickly became very invovled with all of the fantastical scenes. Pure delight!

The acting was absolutely fabulous. We'll start out with Michelle Pfeiffer as the witch. I LOVED her in this movie! You love to hate her. The thing I love about Michelle is she commands all of your attention while on screen. She is so much fun to watch and I love being fixated on her. As always, Michelle is strikingly beautiful, but along with that, boy can she act!

When Robert De Niro first came on screen I did one of those, "Oh yeah. I forgot he was in this." Now, nothing against De Niro, because he is truly a great actor, but he's never been someone that I've been stoked to see in a film... but after his portrayal of Captain Shakespeare I just might have changed my mind. I fell in love, IN LOVE with Captain Shakespeare! I wish he actually existed!

Claire Danes character was alright at first, but I really loved her character by the end of the film. (I have a soft spot in my heart for Claire from my days of watching My So-Called Life ever so faithfully as a preteen.)

The leading man, Tristan played by Charlie Cox was cute. I really liked him. I don't think I have seen him in anything, but he did a great job in having me feel comfortable with his character and wanting him to do well in all his niavity. I loved watching his character come into his own.

I had never seen Kate Magowan (who played Tristan's mother), but I LOVE HER! She is gorgeous and I loved how strong her character is. She's a female role that you wish you could be in real life. Strong, beautiful, smart, and all around wonderful!

The comic relief of the King's brothers was always welcomed and quite entertaining. My only complaint could be that I needed more of them, but really, I think they had the perfect amount of screen time.

I loved this movie! I was in the story from start to finish.The acting was dead on, the plot was interesting. I just can't say enough good things about this. I will definitely buy this movie when it comes out, and i'm sure love it more and more as I catch all the things I missed the first time around.

4 Popcorns

No comments: