Thursday, May 29, 2008

PRAHA!

So I made it into Prague yesterday morning. Prague has been so cool so far. We had a bus pick us up from the airport and the lady told us a lot about Prague as we drove through. She was very sweet. I took a bit of a nap (okay, 4 hours) when we got to the hotel. We went out to eat at a small little Italian place and it was fabulous! There was only one lady I saw in the entire place serving people, and she was just so sweet! She was so patient with us even though we didn't speak the language. I pretty much fell in love with her kind heart!

This morning I had a delicious breakfast in the hotel with some GREAT peach yogurt with strawberry granola and pineapple. Yummers! This morning we took the tram and a bus and went to the Jiri Anderle Museum. He is a well known Prague Print artist. Ummm, It was crazy, but good to go to. After that we walked up to the Prague Castle. That was beautiful! We climbed up one of the towers (287 Steps) in the cathedral. It was so much fun! The view was WELL WORTH the hike! It was cracking me up on the way down the narrow spiral staircase as you would hear people panting and whimpering on the way up wondering when they would ever get there. There was a group not even half way that asked me if they would see the top any time soon... I let them know they still had a hike to go, but said they could do it and it was worth every step. One lady thanked me through her heavy breathing, "thank you for your encouragement!" it was cute.

As we walked around the palace grounds we went through a corridor that had different armor and helmets on display. At the very end was an area set up to shoot a cross bow for only 5 Korunas! It was so much fun! I shot 6 arrows and had a couple good shots. I was able to keep my target practice. So much fun!!!

After that, we walked through the city a little bit. It was more the touristy stuff, but it was great! We crossed the famous Charles Bridge which is gorgeous! Loved it! After all of this, we made our way to an ice cream shop our teacher always stops off called, "Cream & Dream". Wow. No other words to describe. I got my waffle cone with one scoop of vanilla with chocolate chips and the second scoop of strawberry. One of the girls asked how my ice cream was right when I took my first lick. I literally could not answer. I sat down and composed myself... It was hella good to say the very least!!!!

Now we're back at the hotel and Shala is nice enough for me to use her computer for a bit. We are leaving for dinner in an hour. There is a place right around the corner a few of the people went to last night. It's suppose to be awesome! I'm sure it will be!

I love you all! My only wish is I could share all of these moments with all the people that mean the most to me in my life. Know that I think of everyone back home very often and look forward to seeing everyone again. Love to you all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! It's anonymous again! I am so glad you are loving Prague. I am a tad jealous but Ken reminded me that we can go there too! someday...

Can't wait to see you in Florence. I get so excited every time you have a new post.

Love ya,
Kierst-