Saturday, May 24, 2008

Chelsey the European

Yesterday I came down with a cold/flu. This does not make me happy. I opted to stay home and sleep yesterday instead of going to the annual cheese auction (Don't worry, the lovely Jen took pictures).

While home the maid came in to clean the room, but I asked her to come back in 20. I mustered up all my energy and went downstairs in the lobby and waited for 1 hour and 20 minutes. When i came back, she still hadn't cleaned the room. Ah well, I just put the bathroom trash can outside. The bathroom doesn't have a lot, but if figured I would be okay.

I stripped down to my bra and underwear and began to shave my legs in the sink (this is loads easier than inside the shower for me). With one leg lathered and in the sink, the bathroom door opens, "oh! So sorry!" the older eastern European maid exclaims. I explained to her through the shut door she was okay to clean the hotel room while I was in the bathroom as nothing in the bathroom needed to be cleaned. "This bathroom is okay?" she clarified in her cut accent. "Yes, the bathroom is okay."

I hop in the shower and am enjoying the spray when I hear, very clearly, "You don't need the bathroom to be cleaned?" I turn around and see our maid through the glass shower doors and say it really isn't necessary for her to clean in the bathroom. "I check toilet paper." She comes inside and insists we need more tp. With the bathroom door open directly in front of the hotel room door open, she leaves to her cart, leaving me exposed to the hotel hallway.... oh how I hopped the cheese auction was still entertaining my class mates so they weren't about to walk down any moment and see all of Chelsey (in her glory)!

It turned out fine, but it totally made me smile to have the poor maid see Chelsey naked on several occasions.

To end this post on my sickly days in Amsterdam, I became sicker as the day went on yesterday and moved into the flu portion of my sickness last night and today. When I finally came out of my coma like state at 5:00 pm today, I saw a beautiful arrangement of flowers from Michael! How I love him! 

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love reading your european adventures! and I want to meet your Michael when you return!

Dibble's said...

You LOVE him?! Whoa! What a step! I had no idea! I had all sorts of other comments planned to post but now my mind is on your LOVE! Wowza. Well, I love you and am hoping that you are feeling better. Sorry that the maid saw you neked! Better you than me...she never would have survived that one! :?)