Thursday, May 15, 2008

Cheers!!!

I'm in London! I am here at an internet cafe in Leister square. I can't even believe how much I love it here. My feet ache from being all over the city again and again.... and again and again! It's all good though. Usually if I rest a moment or two the pain goes away. I am one of the only ones to not have blisters... yet! :)

We have seen MANY cool cool stuff. Taking the tube (i sound so Enlgish) to many places. Mann, I have the tube DOWN! We have seen:

  • Trafalga Square
  • Paliment (Outside)
  • Big Ben (Outside)
  • Westminster Abby (The outside)
  • Hyde Park
  • James Park
  • Buckingham Palace- we saw 4 guards do some fancy footwork/marching before walking inside.
  • The Sex and the City LONDON PREMIERE! (Didn't see the movie, but I saw parts of the cast from very far away!)
  • Day trip to Oxford
  • Tate Museum
  • Tate Modern Museum
  • Boat ride on London Canal (name? it was between the two tates)
  • Shakespere's "The Globe" (Outside)
  • St. Paul's Cathedral (SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! Prob my fav. place so far)
  • The play "Wicked" LOVED IT!!!! I got a picture with the main star (Green witch-Elphiba) afterward)
  • William Hogarth's house.
  • We have been to several museums where our teacher Justin sets up appointments and we see original prints from artists. Including a couple of Picasso's first prints that are worth MILLIONS! They are right there! So cool!


(From these museums, I am writing reports on Henry Moore's "Standing Figures" and Ana Maria Pacheco. -I can't find the portolio online, but here's an idea of her work.) I loved it!

That's all I can think of right now. :) The food is delicious here! Nothing too crazy. I did try some fish n' chips with mashed peas (like mashed potatoes) and had a cheese and chutney sandwhich (a tangy british spread). It's been good!

My room mate is a Simpsons nerd like me and we will both randomly quote the simpsons and it's sweet to have the other know what we're talking about. Last night we were up until 1:00 giggling!

Tonight I am seeing a anything but PC play called Avenue Q. It's like Sesame Street for adults. Then we leave for Paris tomorrow morning and get back Sunday night. Hooray Paris!

Don't mind that I am not spell checking this sucker. No time. Time is money at the internet cafe! I'll write again when I can. Love to all!

6 comments:

Dibble's said...

Hooray for Europe! i'm so glad that you're having such a great time, Chilli bean! I wish I could be there with you, I've ALWAYS wanted to go to Europe. And it sounds like you're doing such fun things already, it's almost been a week, right? I miss you!

Jess said...

I am pretty dang jealous! I'm glad you are having a fun time!

By-the-way, did you ever cut your hair? If so, I NEED pictures! :)

Kristen said...

Sigh. I LOVE London. It is by far my favorite city on the planet. Keep having fun, and mind the gap!

Carrie said...

"Boat ride on London Canal (name? it was between the two tates)"

I believe that is called the Taint. That's just an educated guess, but it sounds DEAD ON.

What a whirlwind of a week. Sounds like so much fun! Wish I could see Ave Q with you... :( Let me know how it is!

liljackmonkey said...

I didn't know you were going! Nice way for a girl to find out! sheesh!

jones said...

I better get something from France...bring me back something.."Francy."

That was a bad joke.

I'm glad your having so much fun!
Love you!
Leesh