Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Home... deprived.



Here I am in Amsterdam. We got in yesterday around 2:00 and had the afternoon to orient ourselves here. Today we met as a class and I gave a presentation on 2 Fred Williams paintings for the Tate Museum in the park with the "I amsterdam" sign.

We later went shopping at the Market which is like Portabello Road. I got kicked out of a guys shop because he didn't like me trying on the hats. We later went to the grocery store where I got attitude from the cashier because I didn't take my food out of the carry cart when I placed it on the counter.
I came back to the hotel and enjoyed being out of the sun, eating some food, and having my room to myself.

So I wouldn't say I'm homesick because it's cool to be in Europe, but I'm definitely feeling missing home right now. I wish Monkey were here to cuddle up on the couch and then bark at the neighbor kids.

There are a lot of dogs here, and it makes me happy. They trot alongside the bikes, or ride in the basket. Love it!


3 comments:

Carrie said...

Gah, sounds like the people there aren't as friendly. Maybe those are just isolated incidents... hopefully. Miss you!

Dibble's said...

I'm so glad that you're having so much fun, CHilli! Who is Monkey, by the by? I miss you and I really wish I could be living the life with you in el Europe! LOVE IT

Anonymous said...

Chelsey!! I'm sorry it took me so long to comment but you know that I am not too good with the blog technology. :)

Okay- make sure to go to the falafel carts in Amsterdam. Yummy! Yummy!

That and the bikes were my favorite part too.

Love and miss ya!
Kierst-