Monday, March 10, 2008

DST

I do not adjust well to day light savings at all! (Although, I dig the fall back and gaining an extra hour.) Yesterday was one of those days where I just crashed and slept through everything and didn't wake up until 1:00, e.g. 2:00 in the p.m. I didn't complain too much as I think I needed the rest. I saw my adorable friend, Kristen, had left me a text message that read:

Daylight Savings... The Universe's latest move in its proverbial chess game to keep me from getting to church on time. Well played, Universe. Well played.

Oh Kristen! How I love you and your wit! Especially wit so early in the morning. While you were late to church, at least you went and didn't sleep through the ENTIRE thing and then some, leaving your carpooling friend in the dark like some of us do. Mann, i'm a horrible friend.

I had slept in my parents bed last night as they're out of town and have the house to myself... I don't know why, but us kids will always sleep there if they're gone... it's just something we do. Anyway, I set the alarm for this morning, and there is nothing worse than waking up at 6:30 am ... or is there?

How about waking up at 6:30 after Daylight Savings making it feel like 5:30... on a Monday... to the preset radio station of your parents choice that played, wait for it, Shania Twain! I know! No one should be subjected to country-none the less- Shania that early in the morning.

I definitely woke up on the wrong side of the bed... literally, as I tend to sleep on the left, but was on the right this morning.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Couldn't agree more! I hate "springing forward", especially because my kids DO wake up at 6:00 in the morning! Not fun!
I just have to say, I love reading your blog - I wish that I was as good at writing as you are - you're hilarious! I don't even try to be funny anymore, because my feeble attempts at humor never work out.
This is Heather (Brown) Swanson, by the way. my blog is http://theswanson4.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Awwww... I got a blog mention. I literally blushed a little.

Seriously, here's what happened: I was at my friend Debbie's house on Saturday night and her sister made a comment about DST. I had completely forgotten. However, I have a self-adjusting clock (coolest. invention. ever!) that switches for DST all by itself, so had Janette not said anything my alarm would have gone off at the appropriate time and I would have gotten up, none the wiser, and only been late to church for the same reasons I am always late to church. But, because I was aware of the dastardly daylight savings change, when my alarm went off I spent several minutes contemplating whether or not I had to get up. "It's spring forward, right? So am I already late, or... oh, that's right, my clock sets itself. That's pretty cool...." About this point, I fell back asleep.

Then I realized just how long it took me to write you that text, and how that time could have been spent, Iuhno, getting ready, and I felt pretty sheepish. Eh.

Trotts said...

Chels, I completely agree with everything you mentioned. We also missed church on sunday because neither of us remembered until we woke up at like 11:00. I think it was stake conference though, so that's our excuse. I'll admit though, the bashing of Shania Twain and country music as a whole was like a knife to the heart. But I still love you.