Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Whole Time?!

I have to wear a name badge at work. I don't wear it around my neck. Ew! I don't use the little slate of metal to slide into my pant pocket because then it locks the badge so you can't pull it out by the string, and that's annoying since you have to scan your card going through all the doors in the building. I do, however use the hook and clamp it onto my belt loop. I never attach it to the front belt loop though because when you walk it taps against your thigh and is highly annoying. So i'll place it on the loop that is to the back right... I don't know, something tapping my ass doesn't bother me as much I guess. Ha ha.

So I have a pair of khaki cargo pants that I LOVE! I'm sure you've all seen them, (all 2 of you who read my blog. Always glad to accomodate you!) as I've had them since high school. Yeah, high school, and I still bust them out and get all excited to wear them. I pull them off as dress pants because they're not levis, although they are probably not business appropriate since they are so old, dingy and stained. Oh well... I'm still gonna rock them like it's 1999 (Which is honestly when I probably got them). Anyway, whenever I have these pants on, I forget they don't have belt loops on them, and it's the one drawback! There is nowhere to put my badge but to slide it into the pocket, but like stated above, that screws up the whole highly sophisticated rotarty mechanism, and I also think the badge will snag on something and I'll have to pay $15 for a stupid badge.

There is a point. It might be a stupid point, but it's in here. Just wait for it.

Just now I grabbed my badge so I could go to the bathroom (that's right... 7:48 pm... I'm at work even though I got here at 7:30 am.) when I realized which pants I was wearing today and was sad with the inconvenient attachment I had to resort to. I connect my badge to my pant pocket, and slide my hand up and back around my waist. My finger caught ahold of something... A BELT LOOP! I have had a belt loop on the right back side of my favorite pair of dingy pants this WHOLE TIME ('99 shall we?) and I didn't know?! How could I miss this?! Think of all those wasted moments of worrying I'd lose my badge, or needing to detach it to swipe against security. I guess I just assumed since I didn't have belt loops in the front, I wouldn't have them in the back.

Let this be a lesson to you... Old school pants never go out of style and they help you out in the most unlikely of circumstances. Be good to your pants!

3 comments:

Kristen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen said...

I have SERIOUSLY done things like that. I have this jacket I wear all the time. All the sudden one day I noticed that it had this weird shoulder-flap-button thing that I had never noticed.

As for the working long hours thing - OUCH! That seriously sucks. Let me know what I can do to rectify the situation (I'm quite handy with nitro glycerin, you know...)

(Um, I don't know what happened, but somehow I deleted this comment the first time. I'm so blog-smrt.)

Carrie said...

Are those the khakis that have the little bits of red accents? Those pants are HOT on you! Actually, all your pants are hot on (or off!) you! Booty-booty!