Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Fantastical!

This morning I had to run up to the U of U bookstore to purchase my remaining text for the semester. When I saw the magazine cubby section, I remembered my sister saying Johnny was on the cover of Rolling Stones this month. So I went over and started looking. Brittney Spears, blah blah... Little Teen Boppers from the Disney Channel, whatever... Will Smith, you're cool. Tom Brady, GRRR! Stupid Patriots going to the Super Bowl again! How I hate the though! Mmmmm although how I do love the beauty that is Tom. When suddenly I see it in all his glory. Johnny on the cover. Holy mother of all that is good. That is a good picture. I scooped up my copy and eagerly skipped to the check out. I step up to the first counter and recognise the kid as he assisted me just a week earlier. We exchange pleasantries and he says, "Johnny Depp huh?" and I exclaim, "YES!" (Think of Will Ferrell as Buddy the Elf when Mary Steenburgen confirms syrup does indeed contain sugar and Buddy responds back, "Then YES! I LOVE syrup!" Well, I responded very similarly.) We talk about the awesomeness that is Johnny while he rings me up and at the end of it all he says, "You enjoy Johnny Depp!" To which I replied, "Ooh hoo hoo! I WILL! And by the way, I appreciate that you would tell me to 'enjoy' Johnny Depp. That makes me feel good!" I left the bookstore with a spring in my step towards the cashiers office. It was bitterly cold this morning. A radio DJ had said, "Temperature has gone UP to 7° downtown." So as I walked on the icy sidewalks/snow (slipping twice, but never falling) I clutched Johnny and held him close to my chest. Oh mann.... how sweet is that?! When I was done at the U, I drove to work (which was miserable... but let's not be a downer on such a wonderful post) I worked my crappy shift and made it back out to my car at 6:37 pm. I hop inside and turn the engine on to warm up while I scrape some frost off the windows. I reached into the backseat for the scraper to see a chest bearing Johnny seductively wanting me from my back seat. I giggled like a school girl, and probably blushed like one too. Mmmm, Johnny in the backseat. I can't help but have the infamous words of Luda come to the forefront of my mind, "Backseat, windows up, that's that way I like to %*$^" Mmmm.... good times!
Oh, and for the record, I love how they start Johnny's article out with, "Attend the tale of Johnny Depp" tying in the main titles for Sweeney Todd. I rather enjoy that!


So, my soon to be brother in-law just called me. This is EXACTLY how the conversation went down:


Chelsey: Hello?
Travis: Did you hear who died?
Chelsey: Oh, yeah. Heath Ledger
Travis: Who told you?!
Chelsey: Lindsey
Travis: DAMMIT! (Hear Lindsey in the background laughing)
Chelsey: Why do you ask?
Travis: Cause I want to be the first to tell someone.
Chelsey: Why don't you try Keri?
Travis: Does she not know yet?!
Chelsey: I don't know. I haven't seen her today.
::click:: End of transmission.

2 comments:

Anna said...

I love that you labeled this post "hotness" lol. And Johnny Depp is attractive, makes me want to watch Finding Neverland

Carrie said...

Oh man, this post reminds me SO MUCH of "Owen Watch: 2002-2004" where we'd call each other with updates like, "I just picked Owen up at the store" and "I just stopped short at a stop light and had to grab Owen before he fell on the floor" and "I just got home and threw owen on my bed before I hopped in the shower." Ahhhh. Good times.