Monday, January 28, 2008

Amen Bilbo Baggins, Amen!

Although Bilbo said the following in reference to feeling his age, I can't help but think of these words concerning how tired I am and what will ultimately lead to exhaustion if things do not change.

I know I don't look it, but I'm beginning to feel it in my heart. I feel thin. Sort of stretched like butter scraped over too much bread.

I love how he continues to say:

I need a holiday. A very long holiday, and I don't expect I shall return.

That sounds so nice. I just close my eyes and think how nicely that would apply to any of the following travel plans: Mexico, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Europe, and Buenos Aires. To experience such wonderful places with some of the people I love the most? Well, that thought might be able to get me through such wearing days.

No comments: