Saturday, April 12, 2008

What are you wearing?

Today I accomplished something huge. We're talking Hu-uge! In order to fully appreciate this awesome achievement, let's take a stroll down memory lane of oh... 24 years ago.

Here, at almost a quarter of a century ago lies a wee babe (wee meaning all cute and chunkified). At 6 months old I was the youngest of 5 children to complete my parents family. It became apparent to them my tear ducts were not working. They took me into the dr, and it appears my tear ducts had never formed and a procedure would need to be done. ;;jk/.;;oll.ol.

(Side note. I left the computer because my brother got here with the kids. I was reading a book with Parker and said, "Oooh, is that a mountain?" (annunciating the 'T' and Parker says, "No, it's Mounain" - in typical Utah fashion. It was cute.... anyway) I hung out with them fot a bit, and when I came back the kids had typed that gibberish above, and there is chocolate over those keys on the keyboard. Love them!)

Anyway, Surgery would need to be done for my tear ducts, but it basically included the Dr. strapping me down, and "drilling" holes in my eyelids while I was awake. Ever since then, I have had this weird eye thing and don't like things too close to them. I've been trying to get over some fears that I have had in the past, and figured this was a good one to deal with.

Today I had an eye appointment, and I am please to announce I am currently wearing contacts! I have had glasses for... I don't know 10+ years. It's pretty sweet to not have them. I feel like I look all weird without them though. I'm just not use to it. I'm way excited to have contacts for when I work out, and for football games.

Let's pretend for a moment I live the type of life where people are constantly and seductively asking what I am wearing. As of today, I would excitedly say, "Contacts!" Hey, it might be a mood killer, but it's pretty cool for this chick!

1 comment:

Dibble's said...

Are you serious?! You're actually wearing contacts?! I'm shocked and amazed. Good for you, Chilli! Verrrrrry Impressed!