Thursday, April 24, 2008

Grumbly grumbly

So the other day I was complaining to/warning Michael that I DO NOT do well without food. I get all sorts of raunchy (as many of you have had to experience. Sorry!). He asked if I was hypoglycemic, and you know what.... I have never thought of that before!

Since I'll be leaving the country (yay!) I thought it was a good idea to be up on all my Dr visits. (Lol! My poor dad was questioning me because he saw an HPV pamplet in my car. I comforted him, "Don't worry dad, it was just a check up, and I asked about the prevenative Cervical Cancer shot. Nothing to worry about.") I have a physical scheduled for today and thought I would check the hypoglycemia thing. I need to *fast for 8 hours before. Since my appointment is at 1:00, that means I haven't ate since about 1:00 am last night. I am so hungry!

I feel like Homer when he is on his hunger strike!

*I called the hospital yesterday to see if I needed to fast for today. Here is the conversation that took place:

-I have a physical scheduled for tomorrow and wanted to be tested for hypoglycemia. Do I need to fast for that?
-I don't know. I'm not a nurse.
-Ummm...can you find out?
-Oh wait.... Dr. Rada would always prefer to have his patients fast no matter what he is seeing them for. So yeah, you can fast.
-How long do I have to fast for?
-However long you feel comfortable with. It's just what you prefer.
-Well, if i'm doing the hypoglycemia test isn't there a certain time frame I have to be fasting for?
-It's just whatever you feel comfortable with.
-Really?
(Silence)
-Ummm.... is there a nurse I can talk to?
-I'll have one call you if you would feel more comfortable with that.
-(Hell) Yes. Thanks (for nothing).

No comments: