Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tear

So, last night one of my dearest of dear friends ended her trip out here in Utah and headed back out to PA. I know... it sucks and I'm completely heartbroken. It was one of those mornings where I couldn't get out of bed (or roll off the couch, whatever) cuz I just wanted to stay home and sulk big time.
I as moping big time when I got in my car to leave the airport as Frontier Airlines sped her 2,100 miles away from me. It didn't help either to turn on the radio to hear the oh-so applicable Whitesnake song, "Here I go Again" from the very beginning. Thanks universe for reminding me how miserably lonely I am as tears stream down my face... thanks a lot.
I'm reminded of Owen Wilson's character on "The Wedding Crashers" when he's all hurt and crushed, and speaks on his answering machine with this unmotivated and depressed, "You've reached John.... whatever. ::beep::". So sad, and so relevant!

(from left to Right: Tia, Carrie, Chelsey, Jessica)

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Damn Whitesnake for being so good and so right!

I'm sorry you miss her, but just think of all the fun times you had. Think of the movies you saw, the laughs you shared. Think of that time you went to visit Mr. Twinkacetti in the hospital and caught a cold right before your big date, and Balki concocted up a secret Myposian cure and ... oh, wait... come to think of it... that might have been an episode of 'Perfect Strangers'.

Carrie said...

Miss you already! Just think about where we'll be a year from now. Not geographically, just in general.

PS- Where did you get the pic? I want a copy... my version isn't as adorable!

Dibble's said...

I'm so sad that I never got the chance to see Carrie and you guys. That night was such a disaster, we didn't get away from Richie's parents till almost ten and I was so miserable that I completely forgot about it. I feel awful. I miss all the fun.