Friday, January 23, 2009

Sundance 2009

This year I had the chance to attend 2 Sundance Films. The first was called Tyson which is a documentary of Mike Tyson's life. Michael and I drove up to Park City at 7:00 in the morning (Yikes!) for the premiere. Mike Tyson wasn't there for the Q&A, but the director was. It was a pretty sweet experience. The movie itself was good and I still can't believe how fast he was back in his prime! Yow! There were many interesting parts, but I loved when he talked about beating his opponent before he even got in the ring by means of confidence and intimidation. Wow, it was really something!
Tonight I went to a Salt Lake showing of Rudo y Cursi with my dear friend Kristen. It's about two brothers (played by Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal and Diego Luna, both of which I adore!) who follow a talent scout out of their little town to play soccer in Mexico City. It was a really good show and it had us both laughing and oohing over Gael. Gael, I want you to want me! :) I also saw my friend Alana while we waited in line. It was good to see her again as she is plain adorable!
So although I didn't in fact see Bruce Willis or Owen Wilson at Sundance (yet again) I quite enjoyed it this year!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

Wow, that was fast. Check your facebook, I sent you a link that you'll love.

Jess said...

I have never been to Sundance. Weird, huh?

Well, I'm glad you had an enjoyable experience this year!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got to go, Chelsey!
I want Gael to want me too! :)