Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Hardest Button to Button

Today at church I reached out to give my friend a hug, when SNAP! My button TOTALLY popped off my dress! Yup, right in the middle of church. It just took off. Beyoom! This was an important button as it connected the strap on my right shoulder. Thankfully I had a cute levi jacket on so others wouldn't know, but still. I looked, and I can't find that button either. It's MIA.
Let's go back to early 2007. It was my first day in my new ward (which is the same ward I was at today during the button debacle). I went with my adorable Kristen, who I love! Since our ward meets at an institute building, we don't have a chapel with pews. Rather a chapel with rows of chairs pulled out. We took a seat in the second row. The meeting was great, and half way through we had an intermediate hymn which we were beckoned to stand for. I went to stand up... but something held me back. Something just didn't feel right. I looked down, to see the tie on my fabulous wrap around skirt had come untied!!!! I am not kidding you! I was this close to flashing my ENTIRE new ward! Standing in the second row (with seats that don't come very high and don't leave a lot to the imagination like a pew does) would make sure everyone got a peak. I couldn't stop but think of what underwear I had put on that morning. :: whew :: If anything had been exposed, at least it was some nice Victory Secret flesh colored bikini's that aren't too scandelous.

Two many close calls for being inappropriate in a worship setting. Hopefully we've seen the last of this!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Hopefully not! ;)

Trotts said...

Why am I never there to see these awesome things happen?