Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Pet da Pooch

For those of you who have dogs, or have at least been around dogs a lot, you will understand.
I don't know how many times a family member has been getting food in the kitchen and within seconds one of my dogs is suddenly there begging for food. They have a particular knack for knowing the sound of cheese, carrots, bread, and dog bisquits. Once the dog is in sight you will hear a family member say, "How do they know?" I mean, those dogs will freakin' be outside and they will be barking at the door to come in when they hear that cheese wrapper. Seriously... how do they distinguish the cheese wrapper from other wrappers when outside or downstairs?
Just now I'm typing away at work when I hear "it" from Lindsey's cubicle. A little somethin-somethin that grabs my attention. "Lindsey?" I ask in my sweetest voice. "Can I have some?"
There is silence for a moment or two. Through a grin Lindsey responds, "Some of what?"
"Some of your M&M's" I say while keeping my salavating at bay.
Lindsey and our Co-worker Kathy just start laughing. Lindsey walks over to my cubicle and at the same time we both say, "I heard that coming a mile away. Pardon? Who said that? Who's speaking?" (Which is a line from Robin Hood: Men in Tights which we quote all the time.)
I pour my handful of M&M's and Lindsey says, "You're just like the dogs!"

1 comment:

Carrie said...

This is such a cute little story :) I got a chuckle out of the title too... oh YOU.