Thursday, February 12, 2009

Why how nice of you to say...

I was babysitting my brother's kids tonight and Parker (age 5) was entertained by one of his books. He is learning to read so he is very interested in sounding letters out to read them. The particular book he was reading today had pictures of animals, househould objects and kids pointing out their various body parts. He would sound out a body part, "Nnu-oh-sss. Nose. Where is your nose Chelsey?" I would point to my nose and he would do the same. He then moved on to the next part. "Mmmm..ow-thhhh. Mouth. Chelsey, where is your mouth?"
When he got down to chest I patted my chest over my heart. He likewise pats his chest and says, "My chest is small. Your chest is big Chelsey."
I can honestly say this is probably the first (and last) instance where someone has sincerely thought I was big chested. :) Mind you, it was seconds later where Parker's little sister Nannah pointed at my stomach and said, "You have a baby in your tummy."
Thanks for putting me back in my spot Nannah. :)

2 comments:

Jess said...

That's an awesome story! Kids are so cute!

Dibble's said...

You'll probably never know how much I love you! You're so stinking funny and I love your stories! I just read about the swimming lessons and I'm so impressed! I want an update of your progress! I think it's time to learn to ride your bike!