Monday, September 3, 2007

She lived. She laughed. Her downfall was a horrible sunburn.

This weekend was fun. Very busy, but very fun. I have already posted about the sweet BYU football game. What I failed to mention was sitting in the stadium for 4+ hours in the merciless sun. This wouldn't be a big deal for most people, but it takes it's toll on this pasty white chick. You think I would have learned my lesson today (Or from my past 24 years experience, Whatever.) when I sat in the sun for an additional 5+ hours at a Sheep Dog Herding Championship and Car show (which I will post on later). Yeah... didn't so much learn and I am sooooooooooooooo fried! My eyes haven't swollen shut... yet. But the day is young. I wouldn't be surprised if they couldn't be opened by the time tomorrow morning comes around though. I am definitely feeling it mere hours later via nausea and headache.To give you a little better of an idea- After the BYU game I was slathering on the Aloe Vera. My shoulders were very, VERY burnt. So burnt that not only do they look sore, but it is painful to have my clothes rub against my skin. After today, my shoulders look like nothing (they were covered) compared to my forearms and face. It's... bad! I hurt, I feel sick and I just plain need to go to bed. And that my friends, is why the post on the Dog/Car shows will have to wait for a later date.

Don't be a bum. Protect yourself from the sun.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

You poor girl! It's been a few days now... how goes the slow burn?