Monday, November 3, 2008

¡Ella es una perra grande!

I wrote a letter for my Spanish Class, and thought I would use Google Translate to help. I knew it wouldn't translate directly, but I wanted it more to catch misspelled words as those would not translate at all. Here is my opening paragraph. It made me laugh...

How are you? My name is Chelsey. I am an exchange student. I'm 25 years old and live in Salt Lake City, Utah. I live in an apartment with my three friends: Carrie, Tia and Jennifer. They are nice and clean. Would you like to live with my friends. Our apartment is small, but it is at the heart of the city. You can bike to the University of Utah or walk to the park. We also have a bitch. His name is Nikita. She's a bitch great, but it's nice.

Poor Nikita's sweet disposition didn't quite make the translation apparently. Ha ha!

3 comments:

Bradwich said...

If your paragraph was the same as the title of this post, you were saying what you thought you were saying. Google just translated incorrectly--it also didn't handle the pronouns very well.

/Spanish ravings over. Carry on.

Anonymous said...

need a new post chels.

walt

Anonymous said...

Glad to be your make-believe roomie!